2015 – PhD. Economics, University of Zurich (Summa cum laudae)
2010 – MSc. Finance, University of Lausanne (Thesis awarded 6/6)
2008 – BSc. Finance, Academy of Economic Studies Bucharest (Thesis awarded 10/10)
2007 – BSc. Economics, Visiting scholar, Polytechnic University of Marche, Italy
2006 – BA in Political Science, University of Political and Administrative Studies Bucharest (one year)
Assistant Professor of Environmental Economics at Heidelberg University.
Post-doctoral research fellow at Evidence for Policy Design (EPoD) at the John F. Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University.
1) Trader types and volatility of emission allowance prices. Evidence from EU ETS Phase I, Energy Policy (2016), 98: 607-620.
2) Baseline choice and performance implications for REDD, Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy (2015), 5.1: 79-124, with J. Gheyssens.
3) Is there room for geoengineering in the optimal climate policy mix?, Journal of Environmental Science and Policy (2015), 48: 67-76, with O. Bahn, M. Chesney, J. Gheyssens, and R. Knutti.
4) Long-Term Choices For Quinoa Farmers In Puno, Peru. A Real Options Study. International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), 6(1128-2019-552), p.1.
Environmental Finance and Investments, Springer Texts in Business and Economics (2015), Springer Berlin Heidelberg, with M. Chesney, J. Gheyssens, and L. Taschini.
– A Chinese edition of this book has been published in 2016.
1) The impact of indoor solid fuel use on the stunting of Indian children, with S. Datta (Glasgow University) and S. Vlajanoska (UC Louvain).
2) Public hearings for cleaner mines? Evidence from the Environmental Clearance Process in India,
with Lucy Page (MIT), Rohini Pande (Yale University), Kevin Rowe (Harvard University), and Anant Sudarshan
(University of Chicago).
3) Simultaneous CO2 Permit Trading and Output Decisions in a Dynamic Setting with Multiple Sources of Uncertainty.
The role of repeated trainings for the correct usage of household green products: A field experiment in rural India, with Rohini Pande (Harvard University), Giorgia Barboni (Princeton University), Parul Agarwal (IFMR), and Daniel Sweeney (MIT).
Awards and Grants
2016 – 2017 Swiss National Science Foundation, Early Postdoc Mobility at Harvard University.
2016 Best 2015 Doctoral thesis in Economics at the University of Zurich.
2014 Travel grant as visiting scholar at HEC Montreal, Canada.
2006 – 2007 Erasmus Scholarship. Visiting student at The Polytechnic University of Marche, Ancona, Italy.
2006 Scholarship for outstanding results. The University of Political and Administrative Studies, Bucharest.
2016 Course assistant for “Social Protection in Developing Countries”, led by Prof. Rema Hanna (Harvard University), Masters level.
2015 – 2016 Lecturer and teaching assistant for “Financial and Environmental Sustainability”, led by Prof. Marc Chesney (University of Zurich), Masters level.
2011 – 2015 Teaching assistant for “Continuous Time Quantitative Finance”, led by Prof. Marc Chesney (University of Zurich), Masters level.
2010 – 2015 Teaching assistant and lecturer for “Environmental Finance”, led by Prof. Marc Chesney (University of Zurich), Masters level.
2011 – 2015 Supervision of Bachelors (7) and Masters (8) theses (University of Zurich).
2010 Research assistant in Corporate Strategy for Prof. Xavier Castañer (University of Lausanne).